Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Ramblings

Just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  There are many things to be thankful about, but I personally would like to extend my thanks to the men and women across the country who put themselves and their families aside to travel east and assist with the recovery efforts throughout areas affected by Hurricane Sandy.  Many people are missing Thanksgiving with their loved ones to be in New Jersey, New York, and the surrounding areas where the cleanup process is ongoing.

I also want to thank the good people at Ward Realty in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ.  For those of you unfamiliar with the Jersey Shore, many of the homes there are small beach houses that get rented out to tourists throughout the spring and summer months.  Most of those homes are closed down with utilities shut off at this time of year, but Ward Realty has been working with homeowners to open those that are still standing so that victims who lost everything can have a place to stay and share in Thanksgiving.  Ward has done far more than just that - along with many other organizations up and down the eastern coast - but I just wanted to highlight their assistance to the Point Pleasant community and thank them for their service to its people.

Of course, I also thank God for the blessings he's given me in this life.  I have so much that I am undeserving of and he has blessed me with a well-paying job that I actually like.  As if that wasn't enough, he has also blessed me with the chance to share my writing with each of you, a journey that has introduced me to so many wonderful people I likely wouldn't have otherwise had the chance to meet.  You make the sleepless nights of clacking away at my keyboard more than worth it.  Thank you so much for your support, and don't worry - new content is in the works!

One last thing.  Please, if you have any compassion for humanity at all, do NOT go shopping tonight.  The reason retail stores tear their employees from their families to handle these mobs of unforgiving and ruthless customers is because customers show up. Have some sympathy for the millions of retail employees across the nation and don't go shopping today!

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

God bless,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment