Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Slight Setback

Hey all,

I know a lot of people are waiting on new content from The Fourth Dimension, but I came down with a horrible flu over the past weekend that I'm still trying to recover from.  As a result, I'm a bit behind schedule on getting new content out.  So I figured I'd at least take a minute to give you an update regarding what I've planned.

The next story to be released will be a short story about Arus' journey through the ranks as a soldier of the Aeden Alliance.  I'm not a big fan of writing prequels; I think a story should begin at the beginning and be told in chronological order (just my preference, of course).  So when I came up with an idea for a story about how Arus transitions from a rookie in the Alliance to the experienced soldier he will be when Volume IV rolls around, I felt I had to put it out there.

However, unlike my other books, I'm planning to write this story in episode format, and it will be free.  So, as often as I can, I'll post "Episodes" focused mainly on Arus and his fellow soldiers.  They will be posted to The Official Fourth Dimension Website, so bookmark that site and keep your eyes open.  Episode I is nearing completion, and it is entitled, "A Dramatic Turn of Events."

Yes, that is a reference to Dream Theater, a progressive rock band.  They're my favorite band, and those familiar with their work might stumble across one or two references peppered through my books.  Can you find them all?  ;)

Anyway, this flu has been a slight setback as it has delayed my work, but I'll be back at it soon - guaranteed.

On an unrelated note, I wanted to take a minute to remind everyone that Building Blocks, my Christian fiction novel, is free at ALL e-retailers, not just Smashwords.  I know I have the banner up on the right that points to Smashwords, but you can get it from Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, the iBookstore, Feedbooks, and several others.  Feel free to grab a copy today!

God bless,
Kevin

1 comment:

  1. Condolences on the flu setback - it hit my house in three stages, but I think we've finally seen the last of it for now. Hope you are fully recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete