Thursday, September 1, 2011

Building Blocks, by Kevin Domenic - Coming This Fall

Here's a snippet from my upcoming Christian novel, Building Blocks.  I hope to have the book available to readers by Halloween, but if not, then certainly by Thanksgiving.  Hope this wets your appetite!

-----------

Doc wanted me to come in early the morning after our last session because he wanted to have some extra time to go over everything we had witnessed during the past two weeks.  So I showed up at his office a little after six in the morning.  Surprisingly, his aeromobile wasn't parked outside.  There were no lights in the building, and now that I think about it, there had been no activity on the street either.  The town was desolate.
I waited for him to arrive, but when he hadn't shown up by , I decided to go knock on the office door.  Maybe his wife had dropped him off.  Did he even have a wife?  I started to realize that I knew nothing about Doc.  Not about his family, his friends, his hobbies, likes, dislikes, or anything else.  And though I realize that doctors generally try to avoid personal friendships with their patients, one would think that I'd have learned something about the man given all the time we've spent together working on my issues.  But I knew nothing at all.
Not that it mattered, anyway.  Everything I thought I knew was about to be turned upside down.  As soon as my knuckles connected with the wooden door, the world turned white.


-----------

Keep your eyes here for the latest updates!

God bless,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment